After putting up the welcome post, I submerged into deep thought as to what my first real post ought to be. After much thought I came up with... absolutely nothing. Should I start with sports? art? makeup? What?? Then, I saw a familiar yellowish tub with a blue lid out of the corner of my eye. Ah... yes. Everybody's first beauty product. Vaseline. But do you know all the ways to use it?
- The most common way to use it - on your lips! You can be quite simple and just swipe it on your lips to moisturize. Or to make it more luxurious, mix some brown sugar into it for a sweet lip scrub!
- Now, here's the interesting part. You can apply it to your eyelashes! Yes! And let's not stop there, your eyebrows as well! Now, same as my reaction to when I first read about this, many of you are sitting dumbfounded - Why in the world would you possibly want to put vaseline on your eyelashes and eyebrows? To condition them! Still confused? That's okay. Basically, eyelashes are one of the most delicate features on a human body. Think about it - you rub them and one falls out. Now picture wearing mascara day in and day out, and how drying that would be. On top of that, the ingredients in your eye make-up remover don't help. Dry hair equals brittle hair, increasing the amount of eyelashes that fall out. So apply Vaseline with a spool(y?) overnight to condition them, for thicker, longer lashes. The same applies to your eyebrows. Maybe you don't put mascara on them, but just like the hair on your head, they like to be conditioned, and in return you will have fuller eyebrows. Of course, your eyelashes and eyebrows are not going to show differences overnight, but after a couple months... now we're talking! (EDIT: Don't put it on your lashes too thick, because if it gets in your eyes it does sting! Be careful, but as long as you use a spooly you probably won't sting your eyes. Treat it like mascara - you don't want clumps of it on your lashes.)
- Avoiding wearing open sandals because of your super dry feet? Yes, we know - not sexy at all. For those of us who can't afford a weekly pedicure, Vaseline to the rescue! Put a thick layer of Vaseline all over your feet, and then put your fuzziest socks on and sleep with your feet like this. The next morning... voila! Soft, smooth, sexy feet! Just throw your fuzzy socks in the washing machine, and parade around in your favorite pair of gladiator sandals. Summer's here after all!
- Lastly, to your fingers! Vaseline can be a super moisturizing cuticle cream. Just swipe a little bit around your nails to cure dry skin. Works like a charm!
Do you use Vaseline for anything else? I'd love to hear in the comments below!
Note: Image from here. I did not use a written source for the information above. All from my own knowledge, or the wonderful teachings of my mother!
Wow! I never thought to put vaseline on my eyelashes and eyebrows! I'm definitely going to have to try this out! Thanks for the helpful tip!
ReplyDeletehttp://shortandsweetshopaholic.blogspot.com
I know! I was curious so I first tried it out and it was weird, and 4 months later of putting it on my lashes (almost) every night, I've noticed a difference. Just make sure you don't put it on too thick, because it does sting a little if it lands in your eyes, but if you use a spooly that usually isn't a problem. Let me know how it works for you! And thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it.
Delete